Enjoy a gentle downhill 39,7 km tour from Girona to Sant Feliu de Guíxols (15m) which reaches a highest point at Cassà de la Selva (136m).
Follow the route of the old train on the narrow train track from Girona to Sant Feliu de Guíxols. You will get to know the two regions of el Gironès and el Baix Empordà, from the Conca del Ter to the Ridaura valley, passing through the depression of la Selva.
The peculiarity of this railway itinerary are the gentle climbs and bends. The route is formed by a winding line through the land. The surface is a grainy material which is part of the land that you are crossing, although you do go through urban areas every now and then.
Once you leave Girona, cycle across the depression of la Selva, where on clear days you can enjoy an extraordinary panoramic view from the most eastern foothills of the Pyrenees to Montseny, passing by the coastal reliefs of la Serralada Transversal (el Far, Sant Roc, Rocacorba).
In the final part we cycle through the Ridaura valley, which separates the Cadiretes massif in the south from the Gavarres massif. A gentle downhill helps us reach the end at the sea in Sant Feliu de Guíxols, at our beloved Costa Brava, where we can enjoy some magnificent views.
Points of interest:
- Castell d'Aro: medieval town with an old part, a gothic church and Benedormiens castle.
- Platja d'Aro: roman ruins of Pla de Palol, modernist houses.
- Girona: Cathedral, Banys Àrabs, Jewish quarter, Sant Pere de Galligants church and Sant Nicolau church. museums of Art, Cinema, history of the city, Archeology, of the Cathedral and of Jewish history.
- Llagostera: itineraries around the old walled part.
- Quart: handmade ceramamic-making.
- Sant Feliu de Guíxols: 10th century benedict monestary, Museum of the History of the City; Porta Ferrada, 11th century romanic style Toy Museum, Casino dels Nois and modernist houses along the Sant Pol beach.
- Nature: Gavarres, Massís de l'Ardenya - Cadiretes.
How do I return?
You have two possibilities:
- Option 1: If you are 2-3 people, the easiest way is to get back on the TEiSA bus (departs approximately every hour). If you are more, it is wiser to use option 2. Approximate price: € 5 per person
- Option 2: from the Center we can organise your return (with the burricletas) with tailor-made transport service. From 2 people and for groups. Price approx: between € 15 and € 25 per person.